Thursday, March 29, 2007

Prayer

Pastor Andy Henderson did Prayer Meeting last night as Pastor Hunter is away on a seminary course and he preached on "Prayer" ... it was great!! I love how our Pastors use themselves as examples and thus make us feel they are human and frail just like us! My sisters and I were just discussing at prayer time how hard it is to pray. We all agreed that we "talk to God" a lot, like when walking alone or in my case a lot as I'm alone a lot!! I'm not sure that could be defined as prayer. I also (and they agreed) tend to pray once I'm in bed and then I fall asleep half way through! But the "down on your knees" type of praying always seems so hard to get to! Here are a couple of quote from E.M. Bounds that I have written on a piece of paper in my Bible that I like:

"Our faith in prayer can be no passing attitude that changes with the wind or with our own feelings and circumstances; it must be a fact that God hears and answers, that His ear is ever open to the cry of His children and that the power to do what is asked of Him is commensurate with His willingness."

"It is only when the whole heart is gripped with the passion of prayer that the life-giving fire descends, for none but the earnest man gets access to the ear of God."

I am a big reader so you will be getting lots of quotes from me!

Sara ... I enjoyed reading about "prayer" on your blog ... maybe the Lord is calling us all to pray more as it seems to be a hot topic!! I hope you all continue to pray for me as I know you have been ... it is working!!

On a lighter note, here are a couple of "grandchildren/grandparent" quotes:'

Grandmothers are just "antique" little girls. (Author Unknown)
Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild. (Welsh Proverb)
A grandmother is a babysitter who watches the kids instead of the television.
(Author Unknown)

No comments: